Friday, July 3, 2009

A $13,700 Wedding

Well, I might have blown my budget a bit, but after taking another look at our expected expenses and some places I was able to save a few bucks... we've successfully gotten the wedding down to $13,700 (without the rehearsal dinner). I'm pretty pleased!

Plans are really rolling now. I've had my first dress fitting, which was awesome. Except for the whole fainting part. Ladies, don't lock your knees for a half hour! We met with our third, and hopefully final, event manager at The Iron Horse. Dianne seems great, and we have faith that she won't leave us high and dry like Cheyne did (she quit without notice, and with no call to us).

I also met with my friend Paul, who is so graciously showing me how to purchase wholesale flowers. There's not much we can do now, being that what is in season now may not necessarily be in season come September, but he gave me some ball park pricing, and we're going to save a fortune doing them ourselves. I've already got some really cute vases from Dollar General (classy, I know) for $40. And did a little test with Peonies for the effect I'm going for. Simple and sweet (and easy). It took me about 3 minutes to put this vase together, let's hope the DIY Bouquets go as well!

Speaking of DIY: I've also made both of my veils! One for the ceremony and one for the reception. Check a sneak peek (no peeking Mark!) here. The first was only $30 and the second for only $7. Thanks Joann's!

No comments: