Sunday, March 1, 2009

In Cake News


A few weeks back, I had the pleasure of hearing from Nicole Chibnik from a brand new cake and pastry company in Chicago, Flour. She was looking for a designer to work with her on their identity and marketing. Funny, I told her, I need a wedding cake. The rest is soon to be history. She and Janet Lee have been absolutely wonderful to work with, and I'm proud to say, we just completed their logo. Simple and classic, it's just what they were going for.

Next week Mark and I are headed to Chicago for our tasting with the Flour gals, and I am so excited. In the short weeks since I met them, Flour has picked up some of the best wedding venues and restaurants in Chicago as clients. Next thing you know this duo will have their own reality show. We're still working on designs for the cake, but Nicole has even pitched the idea of DesignScout and Flour joining teams for some of their designs in the future. How exciting!

No comments: