Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Flowers

I'm hoping to keep our flower budget to a minimum, the hotel is so well decorated that we don't have much to do, but I am definitely loving this look for the bouquet. I love how rich this bouquet is, and the berries. I am also in love with the idea of succulents. I've found some awesome images of them in bouquets, and in centerpieces. I'd love to grow a few batches this summer and see how we can incorporate them.


From InStyle Weddings, Winter 2007


These center pieces are affordable, and adorable. I can't remember where I found them, I discovered them before I started this blog, but mystery bride, MccKathy, I'm happy to give credit if you email me.


And these gorgeous DIY Succulent Centerpieces are from Kristina at Lovely Morning, you can see her post here. I love the idea of incorporating thrifted vases and pots like this.

Two other ideas I'm considering for cost conscious decorating are tall grasses, and believe it or not (it was a long, long week at the studio) brussel sprouts! I don't know, something about their geometric shape, and the tall stalks, they're pretty hip in my little eye. Also, Sarah, my bridesmaid Kimberly's sister has offered to help us with any grow-it-yourself projects we may want to tackle! I love her suggestion of growing tall grasses at varying heights all summer and using them at our altar. I can see it now, a little city scape of tall brown grass, leaning brussel sprouts and gangly succulents. Ha! Is there a patron saint for green thumb?

Image credit: Jervie, All About Gardening

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love the idea of the succulents. And, surprisingly, the brussel sprout garlands are really beautiful!

hm, I'll bring some pancetta and olive oil - they'll make a nice snack later...