Friday, January 30, 2009

The Traveling Photo Booth

Since we started dating, Mark and I have always taken advantage of the classic photo booths strewn throughout Chicago. Our house is littered with photo strips from the old Holiday Club, The Long Room, The Rainbo Club, Shubas and the rest of the city. Something about Chicago and photo booths I tell ya, Milwaukee is bone dry. I guess in a way, that makes them even more special. For our wedding, when stumbled upon some website for classic photo booth rental, I couldn't help but want to make that our one big splurge! After hunting the web, and a million sites for classic booths that were just way too shady and expensive, and a few more for new-fangled digital photo booths that spit out paper prints with fiesta borders, I had all but given up... until I found The Traveling Photo Booth out of Madison, Wi.

These guys really seem to have it down. They have well designed and tasteful booths with a cute as hell logo and blue velvet curtains. Their service so far has been excellent. The booth prints two sets of the same strip, one for you and one for your guests, and you can choose color or black and white. Also, and most important to me, they actually resemble classic photo booth prints. They're a little larger, but the same proportion. They even have the same effects with a vignetted edge. Each set of images are printed with a code, so our guests will be able to go online and take a look at their pics, remove anything that got a little rowdy, and order prints of their, or any images.
Photo: Mark and I Circa 2001

They will have an attendant working with our guests to make a guest book throughout the night. Not to mention, we get all of the 12 mb images on CD. I can't wait to share the booth with everyone, I think it might be the highlight of the night.

No comments: